- This policy describes how Kaltura treats personal information that it collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Kaltura’s platform. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Kaltura does not own or control, or to people that Kaltura does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- Kaltura collects personal information when you register with Kaltura, when you use the Kaltura Website, when you use Kaltura’s platform via 3rd parties who use Kaltura’s API, when you visit Kaltura pages or the pages of certain Kaltura partners, and when you enter promotions and contests offered on Kaltura. Kaltura may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, ZIP code, website, and personal interests. When you register with Kaltura and sign in to the Kaltura Website, you are not anonymous to us.
- Kaltura collects information about your use of the Kaltura Website and with some of our business partners.
- Kaltura automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP Address, Kaltura Cookie information, and the page you request.
- Kaltura uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- Kaltura does not permit children under the age of 13 to register with Kaltura.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Kaltura does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Kaltura under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Kaltura communicate with you about offers from Kaltura and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Kaltura displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria—for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- Kaltura does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Kaltura advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies)
- Kaltura works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business. For more information regarding providers of products or services that you've requested please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kaltura may set and access Kaltura cookies on your computer.
- Kaltura lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Kaltura's cookies.
- Kaltura may use web beacons to access Kaltura cookies inside and outside Kaltura’s web site and in connection with Kaltura products and services.
Editing and Deleting Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your Kaltura Account information, at any time.
- New categories of communications and notification might be added to the Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe and/or block future messages by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to Kaltura’s services, such as service announcements and administrative messages, which are considered part of your Kaltura account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- You can suspend your Kaltura account at any time by following the instructions on the relevant section of the Kaltura website. Please Contact Us about information and User Submitted Media that might remain in our records after your account has been suspended.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- To learn more about security, including the security steps we have taken and security steps you can take, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Kaltura may update this policy from time to time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Kaltura account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions, please Contact Us.
Back to Top