The open source Kaltura Video extension for Joomla handles every aspect of video and rich-media, including content management, syndication, monetization, transcoding, uploading and importing content, editing and remixing of content online.
The extension is available in two flavors – either hosted by Kaltura with tier 1 hosting and streaming services and a 10 GB FREE trial, or connected to the community-supported self-hosted version of Kaltura, which is completely for free.
Pre – install Requirements
- Joomla v. 1.5 and up. For installation instructions, see: http://docs.joomla.org/Beginners
The Extension is comprised of 3 installables.
The following 3 zip files are available in the extension bundle, each folder represent a Joomla installable.
- Plugin - editors-xtd
- Plugin - content
- Component - component
Follow these steps to install your extension
- Download the latest release from the project page
- Extract the release zip bundle to your disk
- Login to the Joomla administration panel
- Select Extensions > Install/Uninstall
- Browse for the editors-xtd.zip file and press the “Upload File & Install” button
- You should receive a success message
- Repeat steps 3-5 for content.zip
- Repeat steps 3-5 for component.zip
- Go to Extensions > Plugin Manager
- Enable the plugins: “Content – Kaltura Video” and “Editor Button – Kaltura Video”
- Go to Components > Kaltura Video
- Signup to Kaltura and obtain a Partner ID or if you have an existing Partner ID, enter your email and password.
- Save your confirmation email as it contains credentials for logging in to the Kaltura Management Console.
- To configure your extension to use the Kaltura hosted solution or the Kaltura self-hosted solution, go to Components > Kaltura Video and enter your local hosting URL. (The default will be the Kaltura hosted solution 10GB free trial.)
For common installation issues, please see the FAQ guide