Kaltura is the Open Source Video Operating System, it enables developers to build video experiences that transforms the way people entertain, work, and learn.
The platform enables video management, publishing, syndication and monetization, as well as providing a robust framework for managing rich-media applications, and developing a variety of online workflows for video. The latest version of the Community Edition also includes enterprise level administration and monitoring tools.
With Kaltura Community Edition, you benefit from many existing Kaltura applications and widgets designed for media companies, universities and enterprises.
Kaltura Community Edition is ideal for:
- Publishers that want to host the video platform and content at their own datacenter or on the cloud
- Service providers or web-developers that want to provide video management and delivery solutions to the web sites that they build or provide services for
- ISV and Platform developers that want to integrate video into their platform, adding video management and delivery to the platform offering
- CDNs, ISPs and hosting providers that want to add video management and delivery services to their offering
- Enterprises that want to manage video and rich media content behind the firewall
- Universities that want to manage video in conjunction with their LMS, or a campus wide video portal
- Any site - combined with Kaltura’s open source extensions for leading CMS and LMS platforms (including Drupal, Joomla, Moodle, Sakai and Wordpress)
Commercial Editions and Paid Support
also provides commercial solutions and services including pro-active platform monitoring, applications, SLA, 24/7 support and professional services. If you're looking for a commercially supported video platform with integrations to commercial encoders, streaming servers, eCDN, DRM and more - Start a Free Trial of the Kaltura.com Hosted Platform
or learn more about Kaltura' Commercial OnPrem Edition™
. For existing RPM based users, Kaltura offers commercial upgrade options.